Facultad de Matemática, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC).
|Av. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Santiago, Chile.
Phone: (56-2) 2354 44 66
|Fax: (56-2) 25525916.
e-mail: giommi (at) mat.puc.cl
I am an assistant professor at the Facultad de Matemáticas of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. I am also a member of the Chilean research group on Dynamical Systems
and of the Center of Dynamical Systems and Related Fields. A programme
of the dynamical systems seminar of Santiago can be found here.
My main interests are Ergodic Theory, Dimension Theory and Dynamical Systems.
Papers and Preprints.
- Multifractal Analysis for countable Markov shifts Ergodic Theory and Dynam. Systems vol. 25 no. 6, 1881-1907 (2005).
- Suspension flows over countable Markov shifts (with Luis Barreira) Journal of Statistical Physics vol.124 no.1, 207-230 (2006).
- Multifractal Analysis for the Exponential family (with B. Skorulski) Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems vol.16 no.4, 857-869 (2006).
- Ergodic Optimization for Renewal type shifts Monatshefte fur Mathematik vol.150 no.2, 91-95 (2007).
- Partial quotients of continued fractions and beta-shifts (with Luis Barreira) Nonlinearity 21, 2211-2219 (2008).
- The frequency of digits in the Lüroth expansion (with Luis Barreira) Journal of Number Theory vol. 129 no.6, 1479-1490 (2009). Corrections
- The Lyapunov spectrum is not always concave (with Jan Kiwi ) Journal of Statistical Physics vol.135 no.3, 535-546 (2009).
- Multifractal analysis of Lyapunov exponent for the backward continued fraction map. Ergodic Theory and Dynam. Systems vol. 30 no.1 211-232 (2010).
- Natural equilibrium states for multimodal maps (with Mike Todd). Communications in Mathematical Physics 300, 65-94 (2010).
- Multifractal analysis and phase transitions for hyperbolic and parabolic horseshoes (with Luis Barreira). Israel Journal of Mathematics vol.181 347--379 (2011).
- Dimension theory for multimodal maps (with Mike Todd ). Annales Henri Poincaré 12, 591-620 (2011).
- Almost-additive thermodynamic formalism for countable Markov shifts (with Yuki Yayama). Nonlinearity 25, 165-191 (2012).
- The Lyapunov spectrum as the Newton method. Physica A, 391, vol.9 2848-2852 (2012).
- Phase transitions for suspension flows (with Thomas Jordan) Communications in Mathematical Physics 320, 475-498 (2013).
- Transience in dynamical systems (with Mike Todd). Ergodic Theory and Dynam. Systems vol 33, no 5, 1450-1476 (2013).
- Thermodynamic formalism for interval maps: inducing schemes (with Mike Todd) Dyn. Sys. Issue edited by Quas and Vaienti. vol. 28 Issue 3, 354-380 (2013).
- Zero temperature limits of Gibbs states for almost-additive potentials (with Yuki Yayama) Journal of Statistical Physics 155, 23-46 (2014).
- Multifractal analysis of Birkhoff averages for countable Markov maps (with Thomas Jordan)
- Recurrence and transience for suspension flows (with Thomas Jordan and Mike Todd). To appear in Israel Journal of Mathematics
- Multifractal analysis of quotients of Birkhoff sums for countable Markov maps (with Thomas Jordan) To appear in Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN
- Transience and multifractal analysis (with Thomas Jordan and Mike Todd ).
THERMODYNAMIC FORMALISM AND APPLICATIONS
2013 Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Last modified 26 of February 2014.